RMT Safety Guidelines Recommended by the Registered Massage Therapists Association (RMTBC), The College of Massage Therapists (CMTBC) and the Provincial Health Officer pertaining to COVID-19 Pandemic
Prior to Arrival
- Please make sure you have read these safety instructions on this page prior to your appointment so you are aware of the policies and procedures in relation to Covid safety.
- Text my cell 250-468-1482 a few minutes prior to your appointment time so I know that you have arrived. I will respond back to you when I am ready and will come out and get you to bring you into the Treatment Room.
- Pre-symptom screens are no longer required at health clinics but please keep in mind that to prevent the risk of communicable disease, if you are sick, or have been with someone who is sick (with possible signs of COVID-19), stay home, call 8-1-1, and get tested for COVID-19.
- If you have been out of the Country, please make sure you have a negative PCR test in Canada.
- Masks are required to be worn at this clinic for all patients age 5+. This is for the safety of all patients.
- If you touch your mask to readjust, please try and do this by using a tissue to move it or by touching the sides of the mask only. If you touch the front accidentally, please use additional hand sanitizer immediately after.
- If you are a new patient and able, please complete your paperwork (intake form) prior to arrival. This prevents having to clean clipboards and pens.
- Unless required for mobility or personal assistance, patients are asked to come into the facility alone and not bring spouses or children where possible. This is important to promote social distancing at this time in the treatment room. I can’t provide important safety measures if I am trying to manage two people in my office at one time and give you the best possible attention for treatment. Thank you for understanding.
Prior to Treatment
- If you are a NEW PATIENT, you will be required to complete a “consent to treat” form with me “prior” to treatment. The consent process involves me outlining my treatment structure and giving you time for any questions so you understand and feel comfortable within the treatment framework. If you have already completed a consent to treat form in the past, you will be required to re-sign the consent form each time now in the context of Covid-19 – insofar as consenting to massage therapy treatment with current health protocols in place, i.e. HVAC use, hand sanitizer, mask wearing (5+ and older), distancing where possible (6 feet), etc.
Upon Entering the Clinic
- Sanitize you hands with the solution provided on the desk to the right before and after treatment.
- Washrooms will be closed at this time, unless for emergency.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after using the facilities. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Take one of the towels provided to dry your hands and place in the laundry basket adjacent to the clean towels. Open the door with another towel and place in the basket provided.
- All surfaces that are touched daily are disinfected. (This includes massage therapy table, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and bathroom surfaces minimize transmission of COVID-19).
- I have a heat pump for my clinic with an HVAC filter. The filter is changed every 3 months for proper air circulation/hygiene.
- A blanket will be placed on the office bench for you to sit down on and you can place your clothes and personal materials on this surface. Please try and avoid touching other surfaces at this time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or mask during treatment if possible. If you do, please re-sanitize your hands with sanitizer provided.
- Where possible during treatment, keep 2 meters or 6 feet apart (social distancing).
- Patients are spaced every half hour to enable me to disinfect surfaces prior to your arrival. Please try and be on time for your appointment.
- Payment can be made by e-transfer or mobile payment device (sanitized regularly) following your session. I accept visa, mastercard, american express or debit.
Illness Amongst Close Contacts
If a close contact, a spouse, those you live with or your child becomes ill stay home and self-isolate with your family. There is no penalty for cancelling if you or a close contact becomes ill. Care for yourself and your family following the instructions from the BC Centre for Disease Control.
Only return to contact when:
• You have no sign of a communicable disease.