RMT Safety Guidelines Recommended by the Registered Massage Therapists Association (RMTBC), The College of Massage Therapists (CMTBC) and the Provincial Health Officer pertaining to COVID-19 Pandemic
Prior to Arrival
- Text my cell 250-468-1482 a few minutes prior to your appointment time so I know that you have arrived. I will respond back to you when I am ready and will come out and get you to bring you into the Treatment Room.
- No colds and flus permitted at the clinic. You must be symptom free of any sinus or cold symptoms – i.e. clear of any sinus or cough. If you have a cold, and think you may have had exposure to Covid-19, please obtain a PCR test to determine if you have Covid. If you have been out of the Country, please make sure you have a negative PCR test in Canada. Preference at the clinic is for double vaccination status for the safety of patrons.
- Currently, masks are required to be worn at this clinic.
- If you touch your mask to readjust, please try and do this by using a tissue to move it or by touching the sides of the mask only. If you touch the front accidentally, please use additional hand sanitizer immediately after.
- If you are a new patient and able, please complete your paperwork (intake form) prior to arrival. This prevents having to clean clipboards and pens.
- Unless required for mobility or personal assistance, patients are asked to come into the facility alone and not bring spouses or children where possible. This is important to promote social distancing in the treatment room.
Prior to Treatment
- If you are a NEW PATIENT, you will be required to complete a “consent to treat” form with me prior to treatment. The consent process involves me outlining my treatment structure and giving you time for questions so you understand and feel comfortable within the treatment framework.
Upon Entering the Clinic
- Sanitize you hands with the solution provided before and after treatment.
- Washrooms will be closed at this time, unless for emergency.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after using the facilities. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Take one of the towels provided to dry your hands and place in the laundry basket adjacent to the clean towels. Open the door with another towel and place in the basket provided.
- All surfaces that are touched daily are disinfected. (This includes massage therapy table, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and bathroom surfaces minimize transmission of COVID-19).
- I have a heat pump for my clinic with an HVAC filter. The filter is changed every 3 months for proper air circulation/hygiene.
- A blanket will be placed on the office bench for you to sit down on and you can place your clothes and personal materials on this surface.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or mask during treatment if possible. If you do, please re-sanitize your hands.
- Where possible during treatment, keep 2 meters or 6 feet apart (social distancing).
- Patients are spaced every half hour to enable me to disinfect surfaces prior to your arrival. Please try and be on time for your appointment.
- Payment can be made by e-transfer following your session or if you chose to pay by credit card, the Moneris terminal at my office offers tap on the touch screen.
Illness Amongst Close Contacts
If a close contact, a spouse, those you live with or your child becomes ill stay home and self-isolate with your family. There is no penalty for cancelling if you or a close contact becomes ill. Care for yourself and your family following the instructions from the BC Centre for Disease Control.
Only return to contact when:
• Your close contact has been tested and the results for COVID-19 come back negative and you are well.
• OR after self-isolating for 14 days and having no symptoms or fever develop.
• OR being cleared by a public health official.